frogg files

"She could never be a saint, but she thought she could be a martyr if they killed her quick." --Flannery O' Connor

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Honk If You REALLY Love Jesus

The other night I was driving along Los Feliz Blvd when I found myself behind a car with a bumper sticker that said, "Honk if you LOVE it!" And I found myself wondering if people who have these "Honk if you love [whatever]" stickers on their car actually remember that they do. I mean, if someone behind them honks, do they think, "Cool, that person liked my bumper sticker!" or do they freak out and wonder if they did something wrong, or do they just plain go from zero to road rage and flip off whoever honked?

I considered honking to find out, but L.A. isn't really the sort of place where you want to drive around playing games with your horn, so I didn't.

Besides, the "Honk if you LOVE it!" sticker was underneath another sticker that said, "Real men find Jesus sexually attractive," and that gave me other stuff to wonder about. Mainly, why?

It's mostly a rhetorical question.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:24 PM , Blogger sheena said...

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 2:28 PM , Blogger sheena said...

    Have you heard the saying the more bumper stickers a person has, the worse their driving and road skills become...?? :)
    Also, I played the I write like game with a couple of my poems-the first one definitely was filled with "Jesus" usage and the like, and what a surprise--Dan Brown. Gasping, I put in my second, which was written about Jesus and the like, but the words used could be interpreted different ways, and... Charles Dickens. ahhhh. a sigh of relief. ;)
    -Sheena

     
  • At 10:14 PM , Blogger grackyfrogg said...

    there's this car i've seen around on occasion that is actually more bumper sticker than car, it's so covered in them. it's usually parked. :)

    nice work on getting dickens!! and on only your second try... wow!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home