frogg files

"She could never be a saint, but she thought she could be a martyr if they killed her quick." --Flannery O' Connor

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I Obsess Like

While the rest of the world is riveted by the saga of the Chilean miners, I have been obsessing over the I Write Like website. This should tell you something about me, but I hope you'll ignore it..

The important thing to note is that I finally got the website to say that I write like someone I wouldn't mind writing like. Someone other than Dan Brown, Stephen King, Chuck Palahniuk (I really can't believe I got compared to the author of Fight Club), Isaac Asimov and Rudyard Kipling.

Today I achieved... drum roll, please... no, really, I want the drum roll, so please do it... thank you... get ready now...

Ernest Hemingway!

Now, I'm trying not to think about the fact that I allegedly write like old white guys. I'm also trying not to think about the fact that I have actually been obsessing over what a website has to say about my writing. And I'm also also trying not to think about the fact that I got Hemingway after typing the following three lines into the "analyzer":

"The unicorn was dead when they found it. Nothing they could have done. That didn't make them feel any better."

I know. I have issues. Lots of them. But hey, so did Hemingway. Did I mention I write like him? A website told me so. Booyah.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:49 PM , Anonymous Joy said...

    Those unicorn lines are a story in itself! Haha, don't worry about it Grace...better to just write like yourself. :) And seriously, I wonder how many female writers they have in there??? I say let's just play the feminist card and move on. :p

     
  • At 2:12 PM , OpenID chereprudence said...

    Okay, I just wrote a brilliant comment which was erased. It's bedtime in the UK, so I'm not doing it again. But for the record:

    Candace: 1 point for brilliant comment. 9 points for thinking of posting brilliant comment post-bedtime last night. ; )

     
  • At 3:22 PM , Blogger grackyfrogg said...

    i like the way you think, joy.

    chereprudence, good to see you around again! i'm so sorry that my blog ate your brilliant comment, but i will try to imagine what it was...

    whoa. that was amazingly witty. i'm quite impressed! but not at all surprised. :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home