frogg files

"She could never be a saint, but she thought she could be a martyr if they killed her quick." --Flannery O' Connor

Friday, April 01, 2011

Happy National Poetry Month!

To get this month of poetry love off on the right foot (get it?), I am going to compose a limerick. Why? Because it's easy and I'm all about not spending a whole lot of time on this. Hey, at least I admitted it.

So here I go! Ahem:

There was a young woman named gracky,
who generally liked talking smack-y.
She said all she could
but friends thought she should
just shut up and stop being tacky.


You know, it's kind of amazing how many things don't rhyme with "gracky". Oh well. I give myself an "A" anyway, for an impressive lack of effort. (You didn't know I was being graded, did you? Luckily for me, I grade on the bell curve. ("What the hell is she talking about, Jane?" "I don't know, Fred. Let's go find another blog."))

OK, now it's your turn...

3 Comments:

  • At 2:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Trust me.....I've tried and I've tried and I cannot do a limmerick without profanity or vulgarity.

    I figure you may not want to reset the access settings on your blog just because of me......right?

    JerryNJ

     
  • At 5:14 PM , Anonymous ben said...

    Gracky ... it's Ben Hennesy from Texas then Pennslyvania. I believe that I owe you a letter. And perhaps a call as well.

    I hope that you are doing well.

     
  • At 6:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Happy New Year.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home