Friday afternoon, and I have no client projects to work on. I am sitting at my desk with my afternoon cup of English Teatime tea (I always drink Earl Grey in the morning), and listening to the traffic nine stories down, on Fairfax. It's gray outside, and I would say gloomy, except that I think I'm ready for a bit of rain, perhaps even hoping for it.
I love it when it rains at night, and I can lie in bed listening to the sound of it. That's one of my favorite things.
Another favorite thing is Christmas lights, and I have seen, on my night-time walks, that the houses in my neighborhood are starting to put those up.
Which reminds me, I can now allow myself to start playing Christmas songs on the piano, since Thanksgiving is past!
And that reminds me that I actually succeeded in playing through the frustrating second line of Chopin's Piano Prelude #6 last night, and I am quite excited because that is one of the most difficult sections of that composition, so that means I can start working through the rest, and perhaps by my next lesson I will be able to play the whole thing through. It's a very pretty piece, and I like it.
Hmm. I like the word "pretty." Can you say it aloud without smiling? If you can, you shouldn't.
(Yes, I know I'm rambling. But it's that sort of day, and anyway, now you know what is usually going on in my head all the time...just multiply the tangents and randomness by whatever it would take to fill up 24 hours, and you will have a good idea of why I ought to spontaneously combust! I don't know why I don't, actually. Maybe it's because I drink so much tea--that's supposed to be very relaxing.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Grace, this is just what I needed to read today. Thank you
Aunt b
Oh no! I meant to post my reply on your next post...what a ditz head I can be early in the morning without my java...
Aunt B
i understood aunt b...i figured that it wasn't too likely you NEEDED to read about my wandering mind. i mean honestly, who does? (poor readers...look what i subject them to, such meaningless drivel!)
but thank you for letting me know the other words touched you. that makes me very glad.
Post a Comment