Thursday, April 06, 2006

Decisions, Decisions

Today I sent off my deposit check for the master's in creative writing program at Spalding University, Kentucky.

Which means, naturally, that I am having a bad case of the "did I make the right decision?" jitters.

But don't worry, I'm entirely used to it. If I didn't have any jitters, then I'd be worried. Because that would mean that someone had sneakily replaced the real me with a robot or an extremely self-confident clone while I wasn't looking, and that would bring up all sorts of existential questions, like "Who am I?" for starters and "Do I still dislike eggplant (please oh please)?" for another.

It's all good, though. Jitters are present, and I am making my wrinkle-nosed "eeew" face at just the THOUGHT of eggplant, so everything seems to be in order. I know who I am.

I think.

6 comments:

grackyfrogg said...

hey andi! i've missed ya... no i am not moving there. i would just go there 10 days every semester for a residency period, and the rest of the time i would do my work in a sort of independent study format from home.

i'll be starting in november.

Anonymous said...

I know those jitters oh too well. I think you're right though, if you didn't get the jitters then something would be wrong. I think it's just the body's natural checks and balances system for change.

Unknown said...

So you volunteered to spend ten days in Kentucky every semester? Now THAT is sacrifice.

R.A. said...

With your gift for writing, you'll be great. Congratulations.

amy said...

you have obviously never tasted spicy thai eggplant. yum yum. all spicy and garlic-y. it's the only eggplant i eat. the thought of frying it in cheese and souping it in tomato sauce is...yuck. makes me shiver.

Philip said...

did she die? so when you actually don't update, there's no warning.... I suppose that makes it less likely we wont' believe you your convince you to change your mind ;-)