Well, I'm in the home stretch of my second semester in the MFA program, and I am more than ready to cross the finish line and be done with it. Though I won't get much of a breather—round #3 starts up November 2. That means that in less than a month I'll be hopping on a plane back to Louisville and heading into my last year of the program. Yeeha.
Speaking of finish lines, I'll be heading up to San Francisco in a couple of weeks for the Nike Women's Half Marathon. I can't believe I'm about to say what I'm about to say, but here goes—I am looking forward to it. Yes! I have actually started to enjoy running. Which is pretty ironic, seeing as how when I was in high school, I could barely do a quarter mile lap without feeling like I was going to faint. As for a whole mile... forget it. Death almost seemed preferable.
So I'm somewhat bemused by this strange person I have become, who runs several times a week (on purpose!!) and who on Saturday logged somewhere between 9 and 11 miles before 10am. I am a little worried that maybe I've gone insane, but then I think, who cares... I fit into a size 2 pair of jeans!
In other words, I may be crazy, but at least I look good. Hmmm. Priorities, priorities!
Speaking of priorities, mine are a little messed up right now (I mean aside from my sanity vs. vanity issue). See, I'm supposed to be revising some short stories I've written for my last writing packet of the semester. I should be intently and single-mindedly focused on that task. Instead, I am writing this oh-so-informative blog while chatting with a friend online, drinking tea, eating chocolate, and thinking about all kinds of things, like the fact that this post is actually pretty lame, and I wonder why I'm not as funny as I used to be on this blog, except maybe it's just me who thought I was funny and the real truth is that I was, and am, the exact OPPOSITE of funny, which could explain a lot of things, like why I'm still single for example, but whoa let's not go down that road, instead let's remind myself that I have to take my car in to get it smogged before Wednesday because Wednesday my registration is due and why oh why did I wait til the last minute to get that done, well of course it's because I wait til the last minute for EVERYthing, which I would not be surprised to learn is probably yet another reason I'm still single, dang it there's that ROAD again, argh,Ineedmoresleep...
*deep breath*
Speaking of sleep, I think I'm going to go get some now. Apparently I need it. Goodnight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I laughed out loud 3 times and gave 2 Orrr's. You've still got it! :-) Your also accomplishing more than most people do, doing stuff at the last minute or not, you've gone back studying doing your master's! Become a fittness machine! and looking pretty hot. I think you should be pretty proud of yourself.
Hey! I'm actually pretty jealous of your running ability!! I have always wanted to run and my knees have always wanted to not run. ;) I do sometimes get to jog a little, but you my friend are amazing! Have an excellent time in the half-marathon...
Post a Comment