Well, 2009 is here, folks, and there's nothing that says "Happy New Year" like an(other) offer for a free pre-paid cremation from the generous, if somewhat clueless, people at the Neptune Society.
Oddly enough, the same day that I found the pre-paid cremation offer in my stack of mail, I happened to park my car at a local bookstore in a space right next to a car advertising a related service: selling or creating gravestone monuments. If I were a superstitious person, I'd be a little disturbed. As it is, I was a little disturbed.
So, to get my mind off of the gloomy contemplation of my mortality, let's talk about something more cheerful. Like New Year's Resolutions! Woo-hoo!!
Has anyone actually made resolutions this year? Personally, I thought it would be kind of funny to resolve to break my new year's resolutions, but that would entail actually making some, and that in turn would require me to think about what sort of resolutions I would want to make, and at that point I realized that there was already too much work involved, and gave up. Besides, I've never had to resort to resolving to break my new year's resolutions; I broke them just fine without the added pressure of telling myself I had to it. So I guess it wasn't so much a funny idea as a stupid one, but oh well.
A better idea, given my proclivity for attracting pre-paid cremation offers, might be to resolve not to die. But then I'd sure hate to break that one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Maybe if you resolved to break your resolutions, you'd end up keeping them instead! ;) How's that for psyching yourself out? :)
Post a Comment