As you can see, I have changed the look of my blog. I was bored with the old template. I don't know if I like this one but at least it's something different. I'll probably keep it for awhile.
I used to go through the same thing with my hair. Getting bored with it, I mean. Back when I was in college, and for a few years after that, I used to change my hair color every couple of months. I used Clairol Natural Instincts Semi-Permanent Haircolor in varying shades of reds. One time I colored it Burgundy. I kind of liked it, but I think Rosewood was my all-time favorite.
But of course the inevitable day came when I had a "hair disaster." My boyfriend at the time had helped me to put some cool highlights in my hair one day, with bleach. I had never tried to lighten my hair before. He did a good job, but I wasn't satisfied...the highlights were too subtle, and I wanted dramatic! So I took some of the extra bleaching powder and developer, and one night on my own I tried to add some more highlights.
Well, to make a long story kind of short, I messed up. I was sloppy with the application so that sections of hair that I did NOT want to color, got colored! I tried to fix it somehow, and ended up with hair that was very blond on top and very brown underneath. Talk about dramatic! By no stretch of the imagination could it be considered a "good look." I realized I was going to have to dye the whole thing to cover it up. But what color?
After some consideration at the local Sav-On, I finally settled on some shade called "Copper Penny" which looked absolutely fabulous on the box--a rich, gleaming, light auburn. On me, though, it was simply orange. I was horrified yet again, but what could I do? I mean, short of going to a salon and forking out the big bucks to have a professional try to salvage the horrible mess I'd created--I couldn't afford that. Stark two-tone colored hair wasn't quite "in" yet, so I stuck with the orange. That was also quite dramatic, especially in the sunlight.
I think I took a break from the whole hair coloring thing for awhile after that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
got any pics?
i like the new template - it's nice.
you know you can edit the template how you want... if you feel adventurous ;)
I dyed my hair a couple times with those temporary dyes and one time, Mom called while I had the dye in my hair and I ended up talking to her for 10 minutes longer than the time I was supposed to have the dye in...needless to say...the "Egyptian Plum" color of the dye turned into PURPLE on my head. Oh how the light reflected off of it! It went over great with the tie-dye shirt I was wearing too...Peace man!
Post a Comment