A co-worker of mine passed away on Friday night. He was 33 years old.
It all happened so fast. I can hardly believe he's gone. It was only 5-6 weeks ago that he started feeling sick.
He went to the doctor, and they kept him in the hospital. They ran tests, and the next thing I heard, he had started chemo. Advanced lymphoma...
On Monday of last week, they let him go home, and from all accounts that I heard, he was doing well--or at least, the doctors seemed optimistic. But on Wednesday, he was back in the hospital. And on Friday night... he died.
I wouldn't say I was close to him. We joked around and chatted at work every now and then, but that's about it. Still, I'll miss him. And when I get to work later this morning, I'll see the silly little note he scrawled for me one day, and which I taped up in my cubicle: "Proofreaders fight the war on error."
I'll smile, but I'll be a little sad, too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow...that's really sudden and sad, even though you weren't tight. I hope that your office handles the loss well.
thanks, quesse. it was quite subdued in the office yesterday. the company has been wonderful. very supportive of its employees, some of whom are certainly having a harder time than others.
Sorry to hear about your loss.
Post a Comment