Saturday, January 06, 2007

Still Here...

I know I have been sadly neglecting the frogg files of late. But I have a good reason, honest.

I have actually been writing and revising short stories for my graduate program.

I'll wait a moment for the shock to subside.

Yes, I have eschewn my normal procrastinatory tactics for something that might (if you squint a little) bear a passing resemblance to diligence. It's a whole new year, what can I say.

In addition to writing, I've been enjoying summer in January. Right now, according to the little weather widget on my Mac, it is 83 degrees outside. And it's barely noon.

You know, every now and then I think about leaving California, and living in a state where the word "cold" doesn't just mean "less hot." I try to picture myself, say, shoveling snow or scraping frost off of my windshield in the morning, or wearing a big heavy coat. That's when I discover that even my wild imagination has its limits.

2 comments:

Quesse Lómë said...

There's actually some snow on the ground up here, and I wish I was back in Cali visiting my grandma! Hopefully, I end up being a missionary somewhere tropical. :)

RenaSherwood said...

The shock still hasn't subsided. We'll forgive you for the lack of posting (I think). Good luck with the short stories!