Well, I never thought I'd be quoting from D.H. Lawrence in anything like a positive light, but while reading Lady Chatterley's Lover today, I had to laugh at this short passage because really, how true is it:
The world is supposed to be full of possibilities, but they narrow down to pretty few in most personal experience. There’s lots of good fish in the sea . . . maybe . . . but the vast masses seem to be mackerel or herring, and if you’re not mackerel or herring yourself you are likely to find very few good fish in the sea.
Believe me, it's even more depressing when you're a frogg...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey, us Mackerel and Herring's aren't that bad ;-)
I couldn't help but laugh when I read that excerpt as well. I was thinking today about dates and such since our big spring formal is coming up--big whoop--and with all the buzz about having a date/not having a date, I was thinking of the lack of potentials--not to mention how unlikely it is that one of these potentials would actually ask me. And it hit me that there are shockingly few quality "fish" out there.
women are meat and men are fish?
(no offense meant of course, just a joke :) )
Post a Comment