Sunday, April 22, 2007

Hopping, Skipping, Jumping Away From Winter!

It is supposed to be spring, right? Which in California usually translates to "early summer." And "early summer" usually translates to 75-80 degree days, clear blue skies, and light clothing.

Well, today I am dressed in jeans, sheepskin boots, a long-sleeved shirt, a fleece jacket and a beanie.

This is not the Southern California I know and love.

Happily, I will be getting a taste of warmer (if not dryer) weather soon—tomorrow I head to Kauai for The Great Backpacking Adventure! I am very excited and looking forward to having a whole new set of "what not to do while backpacking/camping" experiences to add to my collection. Woo-hoo!

Anyway, I'll be unable to update the blog from the island, so have a great week and miss me, my darlings.

(If you like, leave me a message. Tell me how you're week is going, what's on your mind, what kind of cereal is your all-time favorite. I like to hear your thoughts.)

Until next time, kisses from the frogg princess...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sheep skin boots! Classic. Must be chilly.
Have a good time away.
Weather is still pretty nice in NZ, still boardies and shirt weather. (an maybe a jumper)

Anonymous said...

How was the trip?? I can't wait for stories... :)

As to how my week is going, busy. And i'm leaving tomorrow for a wedding which i am singing at on Saturday! I actually gathered my housemates up yesterday evening (about 7 of them) and put-on the karaoke-like background cd I have and wailed away for three minutes. It was awkward, but good, as i am SO out of practice!! And I got so nervous too! I think i may try to gather them again tonight as my final test.

As to my favourite all time cereal? Well, I think it might have to be honey nut cheerios, although i haven't had them in AGES. Either that or life. Mmmm-mmmm.

Anonymous said...

Ode to Grace (to the tune where o where has my little dog gone)
Where oh where has our gracky frogg gone? Oh where o where can she be??? She went to Kauai with her big backpack on,I hope not to fall in the sea!

We want stories, We want stories, We want stories!

Aunt B