Well, the New Year has officially begun. And while I wish that I could say one of my New Year's resolutions is to be a better (meaning, more frequent) blogger, the fact is that I did not make any such resolution. Mainly because I have finally accepted the hard, painful truth — making a resolution is just the first step to breaking it. And honestly, who needs the guilt? Not me, thanks. I'm already pretty good at feeling guilty. I'm the sort of person who will apologize to someone else when they step on my toe. The single most oft-repeated phrase people say to me is, "Why are you so hard on yourself?" And the second is, "Why do you say sorry all the time?"
So you can only imagine what not living up to New Year's resolutions could do to me. I say, forget it.
In addition to not believing in making New Year's resolutions, I'm also glad I don't believe in omens, or I might have been a little concerned when, on the last day of 2007, I opened the mailbox to find yet another offer for a pre-paid cremation by the Neptune Society. Hmm.
But omens and non-resolutions aside, I'm excited for 2008. I'm in my third semester of my creative writing program, moving toward graduation in November; I might get to do some overseas traveling (yay!) before 2009 rolls around; and just generally I feel like some good changes are on the horizon. (Changes that I fervently pray will not involve the need for a pre-paid cremation, of course. Because those changes probably wouldn't be good.)
I hope that 2008 will be a great year for all of my faithful readers as well. Here's a toast to you... with kisses, as always, from the frogg princess.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
If I may lend a link...
http://www.dumblittleman.com/2008/01/fail-to-achieve-new-year-resolutions.html
;-)
I'm glad (?) to hear one of the top 2 phrases you hear isn't about marriage, that must be an improvement! Either that or you've so scared all those who know you that even rarely seen relatives dare not broach the subject!
Cremation? That just burns me up!
Anyway, here's to healthy resolutions such as: Resolve to never drink a quart of whisky without an accompanying snack.
Post a Comment