Today a poet friend forwarded an interesting website to me, called I Write Like. What you do is, you paste in some text you've written, click the "Analyze" button and the site tells you what famous author you write like.
I pasted in the opening from a short story I wrote a while back and got Dan Brown. Horrified, I chose a selection from a different story... and got Stephen King.
I should perhaps mention that neither of the stories were even remotely thriller-ish.
In desperation, I pasted in an entire story, one of the few I've written that I actually like and which is in a more experimental vein. There is nothing science fiction-y about it, so naturally, it turns out that I write like Isaac Asimov.
I'm a little depressed right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Don't take this seriously, Grace!
I got a laugh out of it -- really, I'm not sure the purpose of an "instant analysis" of a few lines of words.
ha, i know. i laughed, too. until a friend of mine somehow scored james joyce with his writing. boo.
Post a Comment