Monday, October 04, 2010

You Know How Something Can Seem Like A Hilarious Idea At the Time....

...and then later, you realize, no. No, it really wasn't.

Yeah, I'm kind of having one of those days.

On another note (because no, I am not giving details), it's a gray day here in SoCal and I can't decide how I feel about it. I mean, OK, last week's record high triple-digit temps were a bit much even for this sun-lovin' girl, but it's a bit weird that a mere few days later I could be bundled up in a sweater, a beanie, a scarf and jeans.

But hey, that's how we roll in the Golden State anymore. Thanks, global warming!

Anyway, I'm sitting in a coffeeshop today, trying to write but (as usual) mostly not succeeding. I kind of think I should just give up today, but I'm feeling stubborn. Sadly, my stubbornnes is not directed so much at getting anything done as it is at complaining about the fact that I'm not getting anything done.

I am a woman of very badly prioritized determinations, what can I say. And no, I really am not going to tell you about the Hilarious Idea That Wasn't. Sorry. Some things are better left to the imagination.

(Actually, I'm starting to wonder if my writing might fall into that category Gah! Let's hope not.)

UPDATE: I'm glad to note I'm not the only one winning awards in the Ideas That Weren't Incredibly Awesome In Retrospect department.

No comments: