I know, I know. It's been several days since my last post, but I have an excuse. I've been out of town, living it up in Lake Tahoe and now hanging out with friends in the SF Bay Area.
I went snowboarding for President's Day weekend, along with Mark and S4P (steveforpresident). Along the way I had many interesting adventures, including, but by no means limited to: nearly getting hit on the head by a ski that fell without warning out of the sky while I was snowboarding under a chairlift; executing a flawless faceplant right underneath another chairlift, much to the delight and amusement of everyone on the lift; falling into deep powder while riding through the trees and getting hopelessly stuck; falling over laughing while watching S4P get stuck in deep powder; climbing up a four-foot wall of snow just to get to the stairs that would lead up to S4P's cabin; sliding down the same wall of snow to get to the car, only to lose my balance, hit the front of the car, and then fall underneath it; making a snowman (which ended up looking like a snowbear, actually) with Mark and S4P, and then videotaping its demise as Mark and S4P roundhouse-kicked it off the end of the pier on which we'd built it, "sacrificing" it to the freezing waters of Lake Tahoe. (I'd like to highlight that last scene as an illustration of the fact that, while boys may get older, they never quite grow up.)
So it was a busy weekend, as you can see.
I will be on my way back to Los Angeles tomorrow, and hopefully back to my routine of regular postings.
Until then, take care and have a lovely day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I guess boys must be boys!
I was going to say that you probably spent more time on your feet than I did when I was last in Tahoe, but after reading your whole blog, I begin to wonder...
Frogg!! There's not enough Blogg!
Each time I check the site, I hope and pray that I might
Find new stories, of your trials and your glories
But when there's nothing there, I turn away in despair
And check s4p or the cowgirls blog
Just to realize, they're worse than the frogg!
It just seems there's no luck, for a reader who's looking for a yuck
Or even just a frivolous tale, to keep the day from being stale.
So for this poor reader who's now kinda bummed, back to work! Even though work is NO FUN!
(yeah I know, it's a mediocre rhyme at best)
Post a Comment