Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Leo Must Die!

I swear I really am going to kill that bird.

Last night I was up until 2am working on an article for a client. I got up early to put the finishing touches on it before I head off to work at the Apple Store. So I'm running on about 4 hours of sleep here. The absolute last thing I need to deal with in the morning is a shrieking, impertinent feathered fiend who won't shut up even when you go up to the bars of his cage and yell in his face. (Er, not that I do that or anything.)

But then again, I could be just really cranky because I'm tired. I can be a real snarly-cat when I don't get the right amount of sleep. I'm not sure what the right amount is, but in general I'd say it would have to be more than I've been getting. So right now I'm feeling sorry for the customers I'll be dealing with later today, especially the ones that call on the phone and ask for the billionth-trillionth time whether or not we have iPod Shuffles in stock. I'm actually quite worried for those poor souls, since even on a good day I hate answering the phone almost as much as I hate Leo the screaming cockatiel.

On a more positive note, at least I finished my article on time to meet my deadline.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooo I like this new phrase for me to use....'snarly-cat".

Philip said...

take a tip from Nike
"just do it"