I am behind on a writing deadline, so I don't have much time to blog today. I'm not feeling particularly creative this morning anyway. Which is not to say I'm in a bad mood, because I'm not. How could I be, when it is springtime in January? God, I love the sun. And blue skies. And flowers. And the color green.
Last week I took the cowgirl's dog for a walk at a nearby park. There is a dam out there, and a little lake. We strolled along the trail that meandered beside the water, and then left it behind and came to a meadow, full of those tiny yellow flowers that are probably weeds, but I love them anyway because they are so bright and cheery. The trees were barren, except for the robins and other songbirds flitting between their branches. The sky was blue and only barely brushed with clouds here and there. The freeway was only a hundred yards or so away, but somehow everything seemed quiet in this oasis, this sanctuary of peace. It was the sort of place where you couldn't help but think that if you just sat under one of the trees for awhile, God was bound to turn up and plop Himself down beside you to enjoy your company and some time in the sun. The sort of place that you could imagine Him walking through, "in the cool of the day" as it says in Genesis, when it describes God coming to take his evening stroll through the Garden of Eden with His kids, Adam and Eve.
I'm really glad God makes places like this. And like Shell Ridge near Mt Diablo in northern California. And Padre's Trail here in my town. And just about everywhere in New Zealand.
Sanctuaries of peace. Where are yours?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
this is amy again. yosemite yosemite yosemite! - but i have to qualify this by adding early in the morning in the spring. or in the backcountry. and the outlook at sycamore beach along good ol' so cal coastline.
Post a Comment