Wednesday, January 19, 2005

O Happy Day!

Amen, Hallelujah, and praise the Lord! Snowboarding today was AWESOME. It was worth every ache and pain that I will feel tomorrow...and oh, I will be feeling them tomorrow.

In fact, driving home, I could barely keep my hands on the steering wheel, because my arms were shaking. When I got home, I could barely walk because my legs were like jelly. I am either terribly out of shape or terribly old. Whatever the case, it doesn't matter, because I have a really, really fast board, and I TORE IT UP today. Oh yes, I did. Just call me Shredder, baby. I was bombing down those runs like a...like a bomber, I guess. Or a...um, I don't know, something that goes really fast. Hmmm. I went so fast, it seems some of my brain cells got left behind and are still trying to make their way home. At least, I hope that's what they're doing. I need every one that I can get!

I went to Mt Baldy, because it is only about an hour from my house. I have to admit, as I was driving up there, I was a little concerned about the fact that there was a noticeable dearth of actual snow. In fact, when I pulled up to the resort parking lot, I almost turned around and went back home. I could see bare earth and rock everywhere. But I'm glad I stuck to my guns. It was still a bit thin at the top, but there were two or three really fun runs, where you could just...go really fast. Being a weekday, hardly anyone was around. The sky was blue and there were no clouds. You couldn't ask for a more beautiful day...or a better way to spend it!

I went alone. When I told one of my co-workers on Tuesday that I was planning to do that, he looked at me funny, as though I'd said, "I'm going out to dinner by myself on Valentine's Day and then eating a whole tub of ice cream while watching Bridget Jones' Diary." Er, not that I'm saying there is anything wrong with that! Well, actually there might be something wrong with eating a whole tub of ice cream. That's not very healthy. But my POINT is, why do people think you are weird if you do fun things by yourself? Dang, if I waited around for my friends to be available to do stuff, I might never get to do anything! And anyway, who else would have been able to go snowboarding on a weekday? Not everyone is a bum like me, ha! Hey, when the opportunity comes along, you gotta grab it, alone or not. That's my philosophy, anyway.

So yeah, I don't know if I'm actually going to be able to move tomorrow. Which will be slightly awkward, because I have a nearly-full-day shift. I can't wait to pull computers and printers off the shelves for customers with my spaghetti arms. Yee-ha!

It was still oh-so-very worth it.

PS did I mention that I tore it up today? Because I did, you know. Just want to make sure you knew that. Because I don't like to brag, but I do like telling the truth, and this is the truth so I am telling it. Honesty compels me, what can I say?

3 comments:

SingingCowgirl said...

I can attest to the fact that the frogg's board is fast. It was the cause of my much anticipated Tahoe trip, with a plethora (as opposed to your dearth) of snow, being not so enjoyable. I spent most of the time on my bum. But then again, the cowgirl here is a much better horse rider than snow rider.

Philip said...

"When you're great, people mistake candor for conceit" - Calvin (or something close to that)

way to go. i'm so bummed to not have good skiing up here. We had a day of 70 degress in Eugene! this is freakin' January and the NORTH-west! what happned to winter?? last year this time it was a flippin snow and ice storm (and I was in the southern hemisphere summer, sigh)



Okay people, it's time for Mission Get Frogg and Valentine's Date! We've got nearly a month, can't let her go to dinner by herself. Those of you who live down with her must do all that you can to get her out that night... even if it's a blind date (even if that date is someone she knows, just not which friend before the dinner - that's fun)

:)

Aimee said...

The snow and i don't get along, but i'm glad you had fun. :)