Confession time again:
Hi, my name is grackyfrogg and I am an insomniac.
Ok, well, I don't know if I am clinically an insomniac. All I know is that, no matter how late I go to bed, it will take me at least an hour, sometimes two or more, to fall asleep. Last night I fell asleep a bit easier, but then I woke up suddenly at 3am and couldn't fall asleep again for awhile. Why? Who knows?? It's a mystery.
It's been like this for the past year and a half. That's a lot of sleep to miss out on, let me tell you. And I dearly love sleep, as I've mentioned before, which makes my sad situation all the more difficult.
But on the plus side, with all that time lying awake staring at the ceiling, you have plenty to think about. For instance, last night I thought about the final scene in the movie Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. (If you have not seen the movie, and don't want the ending spoiled, skip the rest of this paragraph.) You know, where the German Doctor Glamor-Girl gives the wrong grail to the Evil American Nazi Guy and he drinks from it, after which he experiences aging, death, and decay in a remarkably accelerated (and disgusting) manner. He figures out that something is wrong before he starts turning into a skeleton, so he grabs her around the throat as his death throes begin, and she is face to face with the horrible sight of his eyeballs falling back into his sockets, his tongue shriveling up, his skin turning to leather, then burned paper, then falling off his body, and his hands becoming nothing more than clattering bones around her neck, before he crumbles into dusty bits.
Specifically what I was thinking last night (actually early this morning) was this: If that happened to me--I mean if I were in the girl's place--I would never be the same. I'm sure I would spend the rest of my days wandering around in a snug-fitting white jacket with a vacant stare while I tried to say things like, "The clock in the sky turned purple on Monday." Or maybe, "Arhaguahagavbnh." Maybe I would just drool and laugh.
Do you ever think of things like that?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
My friend Kyle knows a good doctor... ;-)
what I wonder... after reading this... is why are there always German Doctor Glamor-Girls in movies like that? It happened in Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow (okay, so she was a robot, but still!) and it happened in Bullet Proof Monk too! Common now!
Fitting - right on, nothing like spending the night with Calculus... oh if I could still remember it, it might be fun :)
I've been an insomniac for about 5 years now, so i completely understand the 3am wake ups. I would wake up 6 to 8 times a night, unable to stay asleep for more than an hour or so. However, as of late my sleeping has changed so that i stay asleep much longer... sometimes the entire night. So if you'd like some tricks or tips as to how to maintain a somewhat decent REM cycle, i'd be happy to share.
Just drink Ny Quil. You'll feel great...or at least have an out of body experience.
Post a Comment