Happy MLK Day, everybody!
It feels like springtime in southern California, which is great. I am all about warm weather...except, of course, that I do like snowboarding. That's a bit of a paradox, isn't it. Well, I figure it's ok for it to be cold and snowy in the mountains. I think snow is pretty, so it's not that I hate it. I just like to know that I can come back to the warm, sunny valley when I'm done riding!
On a totally unrelated note, I would just like to say: Thank God for e-mail and MSN Messenger. Yesterday I chatted with a friend in Brazil, I keep in regular contact with friends in New Zealand, and right now I'm catching up with a buddy I met in New Zealand but he's from Minnesota...it's amazing! I love it. Of course, the downside is the fact that I can't see all these people in person.
It's kind of weird. I will have these moments where, for just a split-second, I think I'm back in New Zealand again. Recently, while walking down my street, I smelled woodsmoke, and suddenly I was strolling along Church Street in the tiny little town of Oxford on the south island. I almost expected to see the old field with cows on the next block.
Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever go back to the Land of the Long White Cloud. I hope so. I miss it sometimes. Today my dad was asking if I knew any good places in LA to just go and enjoy a nice view while people watching. I almost said, "Hey let's head over to Mission Bay," and then I remembered that Mission Bay is 6000 miles away, in Auckland. Sigh...too bad really. Mission Bay would have been perfect.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
:-) there with ya!
"and right now I'm catching up with a buddy I met in New Zealand but he's from Minnesota..."
is that Benjamin by any chance?
mmmm, MLK, it does a body good! ;)
why yes indeed it was mr braff, beautiphil! good guess. :)
Don't let the kiwis suck you in!!!!!!!! Flee from the dark side!
Post a Comment