Friday, January 14, 2005

The World's Strongest Margarita...

...is at Pepe's in my town. I have just one word to say about it: WOW.

I went there last night with my parents and the cowgirl. We all ordered the Top Shelf Margarita. When it arrived, I thought I might just dive in and go for a swim. It was HUGE.

Well, this drink tasted way too good, and I probably gulped it down a little too quickly. WIthin minutes I was pretty sure I wouldn't be able to pass a straight line test. I am not much of a drinker as a rule, but nearly a week ago I had a margarita at Chevy's, about the same size as the Pepe's variety, but I was still able to carry on a normal conversation and look around the room without feeling like I was going to fall off my chair!!

It reminded of the time a few years back, when I had been on yet another snowboarding adventure with my boys, Mark and steveforpresident. After a long day on the slopes, we stopped to visit a friend in Tahoe City, and the four of us went to this little Mexican place, where our local friend ordered two PITCHERS of margaritas.

Well.

I never eat or drink much when I am riding, because I hate paying exorbitant ski-lodge prices for lame food, and I also don't like having to take bathroom breaks. I have the world's smallest bladder anyway, so if I drank anything I'd probably have to stop 10 trillion times during the day to pee. (Someday I will tell the story of another trip and the miracle Port-A-Potty! But that is definitely a whole 'nother tale...)

Anyway, the point being that by the time we were all having these drinks, I was dehydrated and also had a completely empty stomach. So I downed the first glass like it was water, because I was so thirsty. Then I started on a second one. Bad idea.

I figured out something was definitely not right when I leaned over to say something privately to Mark, and actually conked him in the head.

Thankfully I wasn't the one driving home that night.

Or last night either. The cowgirl did the honors. She holds her liquor way better than I do. That's because she's a cowgirl. I think that's one of the requirements.

3 comments:

SingingCowgirl said...

Yes, there are perks to being a cowgirl!

Anonymous said...

are you REALLY a cowgirl, Cowgirl? And what do you sing?

SingingCowgirl said...

Well, Anon, that all depends on what you consider a cowgirl...visit my blog and I can explain better....