Friday, March 11, 2005

Laziness and Mansquito

I've been horribly slack in keeping up with my frogg files lately, many apologies.

It's not like I even have the excuse of being busy. I work part-time, and on my off hours I am usually slacking off with amazing proficiency. It's nice to know that I'm good at something, even if it's being as lazy as a cat.

However, I am also quite good at vaccuuming. I hate it, but I'm pretty good at it.

Apropos of nothing in particular, I saw a commercial today for a made-for-tv movie called "Mansquito": apparently about a man who mutates into a giant mosquito or something due to a lab accident (of course). A real winner, it sounds like to me. The title alone is...compelling.

Compelling me to puke, that is.

Who comes up with the ideas for these kinds of movies? Why are made-for-tv movies almost always bad? Has anyone ever actually seen one that was good? I ask you.

4 comments:

SingingCowgirl said...

Actually, I did! Lonesome Dove. One of the few movies that was actually as good as the book!

Sarah Katherine said...

Is that the movie with the guy who was in Jurassic Park? Or is this movie a suckier version of the one that guy from Jurassic Park came out in?

Philip said...

Lazy as a cat eh? That's a good (and expected) metaphor since you are Egyption...
Was that racist? Ok, good.

Mansquito, maybe it'll be something good like Mothman, though I've never seen that one either. Ah, the joys of not watching TV... though oddly enough I did catch my first ever Jay Leno a couple nights ago and they showed some clips of people presenting ideas for actual TV plots. Wow. "Dog bites - we'll follow people around getting bit by different dog types. We'll follow them into the hosipital and interview the owners who won't claim responsibility. We're thinking of doing a few special spots on mailmen too. It'll be a real good mix between drama and reality TV." Uh-huh, sure. Go home now.

Anonymous said...

I don't know about finding good made for tv movies, but I do know of quite a few that are really entertaining! There is nothing finer than people in a mftv movie trying to be dramatic and sincere and coming off strangely strange and wearing a big costume. And can we ever forget the way we felt the first time we saw a lifetime mftv movie? I mean, tori spelling in peril, tiffany amber theissen on the verge of death, or tracy gold pregnant and alone... there is no finer entertainment around!