Thursday, August 18, 2005

Late Night Ramblings

One of my toenails on my right foot has turned purple, and I know exactly why. It's because of my running shoes! They don't fit right. And last week when I went running, I could feel my poor toes pressing up against the front of my shoe, and I thought at the time that that was probably a bad sign, and now I see I was right!

When I was in New Zealand, I lost several toenails. That was also due to ill-fitting shoes, which I wore on backpacking trips that lasted several days. When your feet are hurting, by the way, several days feels like eternity plus one. Anyway, my shoes were too new, not broken in, and they pressed terribly on my poor toes, until they killed the nails, which then fell off. Ick. They grew back, of course, but still. It was kind of gross at the time.

I wonder if my toenail is going to fall off again? Ugh. That will not be good, because I wear flip-flops every day to work. Yikes.

I did not go running around the Rose Bowl today. Toenail or not, I must go tomorrow. (I can't believe I signed up for this half-marathon! What was I thinking??)

3 comments:

Philip said...

Frogg, non-negotiable: buy a good pair of shoes for running. there are too many problems you can have from bad shoes. I want to start running so I can build endurance for sport, but I won't until i get money for good shoes.
I'm going to the coast tomorrow, and when i get back on Sunday or Monday I'm going to ask you if you got them.

Anonymous said...

I must echo beautiphil here. If you are going to continue running, perhaps a new pair of shoes would be a wise investment.

Just looking out for you friend.

grackyfrogg said...

awww, you my friends are so sweet, and you do such a wonderful job of keeping me on my toes. :)

ha!