"Kiss of life saves Boo Boo the chicken."
That would be from the front page of CNN.com this morning. Because there apparently isn't enough important OTHER news in the world.
Oh well, at least it wasn't another story about bird flu.
Come to think of it, CNN might be on to a good tactic for discouraging terrorists. When a bomb goes off somewhere, don't report on it. Just talk about the latest disaster to befall barnyard animals. I bet that would tick off the terrorists, boy. Especially if it kept happening--again, and again, and again. After awhile, maybe they'd just give up.
How many disasters actually befall barnyard animals, though? That might be a problem, in terms of coming up with news stories. Maybe we could just start killing them...oh wait.
But anyway, if you're interested in the full story about Boo Boo, go here. It's pretty priceless. So many wonderful little gems: the fact that it originates from Arkadelphia, Arkansas, the city that apparently can't make up its mind where exactly it belongs. The fact that the quote from the nurse who administered CPR to Boo Boo features the word "dadgum," as in, "its dadgum eyes popped open." The fact that a nurse thought that giving CPR to a chicken was a good idea. Finally, I will be forever grateful for the last two sentences:
"The chicken is called Boo Boo because she is easily frightened. The Calhouns thought Boo Boo was startled and flopped into the pond."
Now that is a happy ending. Or at least a happiness-inducing one, in my case.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
sooo.I guess in order to administer CPR to a chicken it answers the long wondered question...a chicken really does have lips after all. Uncle Mark thinks Darwin should have his way with BOOBOO; I think maybe he should have his way with the nurse who gave him CPR.
Aunt B
what the...?! oh. for a second there, i thought you meant Uncle Mark should have his way with the nurse!
but that didn't seem quite right. :)
now, after a closer reading, it sounds like you think BooBoo should have his way with the nurse.
that doesn't seem much righter!
upon a closer closer reading, i realized that BooBoo is a she, not a he, so you couldn't possibly have meant that, though it would have been funny if you had. anyway that's a sign that it is time to go home. my proofreader's eyes are obviously giving out, after a long day!
I guess I don't have the gift of writing humorously:(.If I try to explain it,it probably won't make any sense...you had to be at a recent sermon on intelliegent design to catch our drift.
Aunt B.
I think I'm going to sign off as AB now...Uncle mark started teasing me about sounding like Aunt Bea from the Andy Griffith show...yeah,that dates us fer shur.
oh AB don't be silly! i think your writing is humorous!!
and you don't sound like aunt bea from the andy griffith show! although that's kind of funny that uncle mark said that.
Post a Comment