Namely, on October 31st, when, in an amazing feat of superfroggian prowess, I somehow managed to overcome my natural procrastinatory tendencies and finish my grant application! On time!! YES!!!
Oh yeah, and yesterday Obama was elected president. Also pretty historic, I suppose. It might even be slightly more historic than me beating myself at my own procrastination game, but that's a tough call.
Kidding. Sort of.
Anyway, so as Obama turns his attention to doing whatever president-elects do while they're waiting for January to roll around, I'll be turning mine to finishing up school stuff, seeing as how I'm leaving for Louisville, hmmm, next Thursday night. Yes, I realize that is only a week away. And yes, of course, I have absolutely nothing done that I am supposed to have done. Naturally, these things being the case, I managed my time tonight as effectively as I usually do — i.e., after work, I went for a 3-mile run, followed by a 3-mile walk with a couple friends, followed by agreeing to go to coffee with one of the said friends after the walk, followed by finally getting home at 11:30pm, at which point it was (of course) too late to do any work.
Other than writing this blog, I mean. Er.
In other words, this weekend is looking like it's going to be pretty historic, too. As in, it's going to be an epic catch-up session the likes of which I can't even fathom, being, as I am, in full-fledged denial.
But don't worry. I have a simple little mantra to get me through this difficult time:
YES I CAN!
Hey, if it's good enough for Obama...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment