I didn't mention it in my last post as I had slightly more important matters to blog about, but the frogg files just celebrated its fifth anniversary yesterday. Yay! Although when I say "celebrated", I really mean "did nothing to comemmorate the event". I realize that's not how most people define the word "celebrate", but welcome to my blog, where words mean pretty much whatever I want them to. I mean honestly, what good is an MFA in creative writing if I can't redefine the English language at will, right? (Please do NOT answer that.)
Anyway.
I've looked back through the archives every so often, and am bemused at some of the stuff I've written about. Sometimes I made myself laugh, and those posts remain favorites of mine to this day. Other times, I made myself cry, and those posts kind of make me laugh now, when they don't make me want to bury my head in the sand in embarrassment. But one thing's for sure: If anyone had told me five years ago that I'd still be writing my little heart out at this site, I don't think I'd have believed them. And yet, here we are!
Many thanks to all my lovely readers. I wouldn't be here without you! Well, OK, I would. But I might not be writing this blog, and that would be a shame, because it's been a lot of fun overall. And I consider it an honor to have merited your attention (although you might not guess it from how many posts I've devoted to totally random and inane observations; i.e., most of them).
ANYway. I'm not sure how much longer the ride will last, but I guess I'll take it one day at a time, as always. Hope you'll stick around!
With kisses, and a big hug, from the frogg princess...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Congratulations my frogg queen, glad you are well.
One of your most memorable posts was actually a series of posts written at Christmas time a few years back in which you rewrote the 12 Days of Christmas. :)
thanks, mark!
and yes, beth, that series remains a strong personal favorite of mine. i don't think i'll ever be able to achieve such levels of creative nonsensicalness ever again... sigh.
Write on, Gracky!
One day after I had posted on my now dormant blog, I clicked on the "next blog" hyperlink and by happenstance landed on yours.
Since that day, although I stop by here infrequently, I have kept you URL in my favorites.
Why? Because I find your brand of prose lively, well written and it bespeaks well-roundedness.
I am your #1 lurker, so to speak.
glad you found your way here, JerryNJ! thanks for the kind words, and for continuing to stop by...
Post a Comment