Monday, April 19, 2010
¿Cómo se dice...?
In a (probably misguided, certainly naive) attempt to brush up on my Spanish before heading to Buenos Aires in June, I decided to watch some Spanish TV today. And yes, I know that's #115 of stuff of white people like, so don't bother to tell me. Instead, simply bask in the irony of the fact that one of the first commercials that flashed onto the screen as I settled into my couch was one touting the benefits and ease of a teach-yourself language program. For English.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'd given up on your blog but Carl told me you had started in again so I checked. :-) I am glad to see that you are still planning to go to Buenos Aires. Good luck with the Spanish.
sooo...i love the way you write. GREAT voice coming through loud and clear. not too snarky, not to pandering- just enough to make you want to read more for another witty phrase or insightful blow that may sting a little.
count me in as a subscriber.
Post a Comment