Well, here I am, back from my travels, and yes, I'm late in updating the blog. Who's surprised? I thought so.
Anyway, I had an absolutely fabulous time in Argentina, and over the course of the next week I've planned a series of posts about the trip, including photos. For now, a few highlights:
1) Sampling dulce de leche granizado ice cream from Freddo's. Mmmm.
2) Getting addicted to alfajores (a typical Argentinean treat which consists of two little round cakes joined together by dulce de leche).
3) The delicious flan at Parilla Peña, which was even more incredible with the addition of dulce de leche on the side.
Are you seeing a trend here? Let's just say that if you go to Argentina and manage to NOT have dulce de leche during your sojourn there, I think you actually ended up in another country by mistake. Which is too bad, but I hope you had a good time wherever you were. As for me, I did in fact do other things besides eat dulce de leche (and accidentally hit on museum guards; see previous post), and I'll be talking about those things in the upcoming days. So stay tuned, kids!
In the meantime, I leave you with this revealing quote from the renowned Argentine writer, Jorge Luis Borges, who said, "I have always imagined that Paradise will be made of dulce de leche."* Mmmm, Paradise...
* OK, I lied. What he said was, "I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library"** but that didn't really fit my theme, so.
** Really, Borges? The harps and clouds idea wasn't boring enough for you? I love books and all, but honestly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Mmmmm, dulce de leche.....
Love your p.s. to Borges!
Katy
I imagine that Borges idea of heaven is much like someone else's we know...
as for dulce de leche...I must go to Argentina.
Post a Comment