Thursday, June 08, 2006

It's My Birthday, And I'll Leave the Country if I Want To!

So my boss just stopped by my cubicle, to shake my hand, and wish me a frighteningly formal farewell for my vacation to Honduras. I honestly think that he thinks I am not making it back alive.

He asked if I could get a bulletproof vest (a "cute" one, he said), and offered to pay. I laughed, and said that was nice of him, but that maybe it should be machete-proof instead.

I don't think he thought that was nearly as funny as I did.

Ah well, the die is cast, and hopefully dying won't, in fact, be on the cards. That would put quite a damper on the spirit of the whole adventure, if you ask me.

So anyway, assuming I live long enough, I'll be turning the big 3-1 in Honduras, on Monday, June 12. While I'm away, amuse yourselves (and humor me) by leaving fun, creative birthday messages, such as (just for example) telling me what you'd get me for a birthday present if money was no object. Bonus points if your message takes poetic form!

Or, if you are so inclined, you could actually get me a present! I like that idea lots, too.

Until I return -- alive, well, tan, and one year older -- be good. And miss me, my darlings.

Kisses from the frogg princess...

7 comments:

Philip said...

thanks for not saying 'dice'

happy birthday ! :)

Anonymous said...

I hope you don't die! ;)

Well done on scoring a birthday trip of a lifetime. I don't actually have a birthday plan, only a days leading up to the birthday plan. But you know, maybe that's best for the big 3-0.

Okay, well, have fun, and be safe!

Anonymous said...

Grace, have an excellent birthday! I wish you a moment of blinding clarity something like that which Pascal could recall the rest of his life as a bottomless well of consolation.
Godspeed.

Anonymous said...

There once was a girl called frogg
Who vacationed in swampland and bogg
When her birthday came 'round
No gifts could be found
But this poem sent to her weblog.

Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Well happy birthday and you should know once your 30 you stay 30. So I think the 3-1 was a typo....

If money was no object I would get you a massage from 5 masseuse's at once. I always wonder what that would feel like.

Sorry no rhyming here... what rhymes with masseuses... medusa's?
Azusa'a?

Have a machete free b-day!

Philip said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRACIE!!!

:-)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Beautiful!!...If money was no object...I would get you a fabulous bag. Something that makes you feel fabulous and feminine even as it houses the humdrum necessities of life.