I spent quite a bit of time yesterday driving around and scoping out the situation. The Station Fire is the one that's burning closest to me and my family, but we are not in any danger at this point. I'm trying to upload some pics I took yesterday and today, but Blogger is not cooperating. Will try again tomorrow. Of course, by then, the fire may look different or be in a different location. It's breathtaking how quickly it changes.
I will say that tonight, after checking in on my parents and making sure they were OK, I headed over to La Crescenta and was stunned to see huge flames on the mountain while driving along Foothill Blvd (the main street through La Crescenta and La Canada). In all my years living in Southern California, I've never seen anything like this fire for sheer size, scope and proximity to my family. It's a little unnerving, but as I said, we are all OK and are not in any of the evacuation zones.
Will keep you posted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I was thinking of you and your family this morning. I heard your area mentioned several times on CNN. I hope that the fires stay away from your family, and I am truly amazed by the bravery of the firefighters. Stay safe!
I wish you much rain!
Post a Comment