OK, so I want to write about the cowgirl's (awesome) wedding. I do. And I will. But frankly, today was a bit rough. I've been struggling with fears lately that my cancer will come back, and today I had a hard time thinking about much else. So finally tonight, I visited engrish.com on a mission to find some much-needed comic relief. But I was still too wound up to really enjoy the mangled English the way I usually do. Then, for the first time, I noticed a button off to the left-hand side of the home page that said "Make your own Engrish!" Curious, I clicked on it and found instructions for (duh) making your own Engrish. Basically you go to babelfish and you type in a sentence in English, translate it to Japanese, then cut and paste the Japanese characters into the original box and translate it back to English.
I figured I'd give it a go and see what happened. So I typed in, "The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog" and here's what came out when I did the translation:
"The orphan of fast brown jumped over the lazy dog."
That made me smile. Encouraged, I typed, "I went to the store to buy a camel, but instead I bought a cat." Where that sentence came from, I have no idea. For one thing, I'd never buy a cat. I'm allergic. But I (shockingly) digress.
Anyway, here's the translation: "I did buying the camel to the store, but the cat was bought to substituting."
OK, definitely starting to feel better. Then, after a moment's thought, I wrote, "I am scared I will get cancer again." And this is what popped up: "I having made can to have, me am the cancer which is obtained for the second time."
Mission so accomplished.
Now it's your turn. Don't lie, you know you want to try it. Just promise to post the results in the comments below. Come on, I can use as many good laughs as I can get.
Alright, back on track with wedding news tomorrow or Thursday at the latest. Thanks for your patience! Or, to put it another way: your perseverance thank you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
15 comments:
Long ago in a galaxy far, far away translates to:
It is long directly in former times with the distant galaxy directly
Aunt B
The cowboy and the cowgirl got married on Saturday....miraculously becomes...
The cowboy and the woman cowboy got married to Saturday.
Not totally the effect I was hoping for, so we tried this...The cowgirl tried to surprise the cowboy but the horses got stuck....
"The woman cowboy tried the fact that the cowboy is surprised, but the horse is stacked, you obtained"
Much better! :)
woman cowboy, i literally laughed out loud when i read yours. what i especially love is that the second sentence you tried, well, even in English it doesn't make much sense but it sure raises a LOT of questions. unless one was at the wedding, of course. (don't worry, folks, all will be explained. eventually.)
and aunt b, yours is pretty much directly awesome!
btw, my entire previous comment translates to:
The cowboy of the Japanese woman, I when literally I read your, laughed with yell. Those which I especially love the 2nd sentence of English which you tried, to be good, that doesn' It is thing; As for t secure raise in salary many question it makes many feeling that. When one is not in wedding, the proper. (don' The worry of t is explained, the people, entirely. After all.) And the aunt you of b keeps being almost surprised directly!
I am DYING over here! Stop it, STOP it! LOL!!!!
I hope that your fears subside. Humor is always the best distraction, and I gotta work on my engrish. And I am glad that the wedding went well!
Next stop: I Can Haz Cheezburger!
Quit worrying about cancer Grace!
Turns into...
The worry which can stop the fact that it has the elegance of the cancer!
"Oh Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art though Romeo?" became "Oh Romeo, your Romeo of the art of Romeo's wherefore?"
"Grace, I want to remind you that procrastination is a crime; it always leads to sorrow. I can stop it anytime--I think I will tomorrow!"
becomes...
"Elegance, I think that delay being crime we would like to make remember; That brings sorrow always. I may stop that with anytime--I me think of tomorrow thing!"
hehehe...I should not have read this blog and comments while my roommate is sleeping...trying not to laugh...
--Donna
So the KJV version of John 3:16 in Engrish is:
"So, just the beam son who will pass the life which the world as for that him believeth where that whosoever dies should, gives because of the God which is loved continues eternally and probably will be completed."
oh man, you guys. these are all so great. i laughed lots. thanks for playing!
Mary had a little lamb. It's fleece was white as snow. Everywhere that Mary went, the lamb was sure to go.
becomes
There was a lamb which is small to Mary. The wool of it was white as a snow. Mary doing, the lamb going, was secure anywhere.
carl... wow. i LOVE it! i am cracking up right now...
PLEASE stop....I can't breath over here! John 3:16 is hilarious!
I'm still hung up on orphan = fox (?)
Post a Comment