Friday, June 18, 2010

Estoy Aqui

"Aqui" being a hotel room in Mendoza, where I am watching Close Encounters of the Third Kind in Spanish. Because, you know, that's the kind of adventurous freak I am. I do it so you don't have to.

Anyway, I think this movie makes about the same amount of sense in any language.

So yeah, I arrived safely in Buenos Aires (obviously), where I spent the night with friends. The next evening I boarded a bus for the 12-hour journey to Argentina's wine country--because I guess I hadn't had enough of sitting still after my 13-hour flight. But today I made up for my lack of exercise with a vengeance, with a 45-minute walk to my hotel from the bus station and then two hours of wandering fairly aimlessly around the city, pondering the fact that travel is always a lot more glamorous in theory than in actual practice, especially when you are an introvert traveling alone.

Tomorrow will be good, though. I signed up for a group wine tour in the Uco Valley. Definitely looking forward to that.

I wish I could write more, but I've been typing all this on my iPad and I'm kinda over it for now. So I'll check in again later. Amor y besos...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have fun, take care my amigo(ess) :-)