Thursday, June 10, 2010

Where Have I Been?

If there is one single reason that I shouldn't let too much time go by between blog posts, it's that when I finally do get around to updating, I don't know where to begin. How do you sum up a couple months' worth of happenings in a single post?

Not that there has really been much "happening" in my life, seeing as how I continue to be unemployed. I guess that makes it easy.

I did go to New Zealand last week, which was awesome. And yesterday I went to the California Department of Motor Vehicles, which was, well, less than awesome. But that's OK, I'll make up for that next week (I sure hope!) when I go to Argentina.

Speaking of which, lots of people have asked me why I'm going to Argentina. While I'd love to say, "why not?" to bolster the image I'm trying hard to create of myself as a careless adventurer type, the truth is that I'm going to be sort of working. The creative writing program that I got my MFA from a year and a half ago is taking their summer-semester students to Buenos Aires, and I'm going as a "post graduate residency assistant." However, I tacked on a few extra days in the beginning of the trip for myself, figuring I'd travel around a bit before the rest of the group arrives.

It will come as a surprise to probably no one that I still don't know what I'll be doing or where I'll be going during those extra few days. And yes, I know — next week is coming up. Believe me, I know.

Oh, and did I mention my birthday is this weekend? Well, it is. Yay!

But otherwise, yeah, not much going on with me. You?

5 comments:

Carl G. said...

Happy birthday, Gracky! Enjoy the yerba matte and the beef!

JerryNJ said...

Espero saber que La Rana Princesa se acabo los talones de sus pies bailando el Tango durante su hospedada en Argentina. Que no se te olvide un par de tacones y un vestidito.

Todo lo mejor
*!*

grackyfrogg said...

thanks, Carl! i tried mate a long time ago and thought it tasted like wet grass, but i'm willing to give it another chance...

and thanks to you, too, JerryNJ! i'm not what anyone would call a great dancer (unless they were being super generous), but regardless, my dress and heels are all ready to go. :)

galensmark said...

Hope you're having or had a happy birthday.

Anonymous said...

i cannot believe you didn't come and see us. stunned and hurt beyond belief!