Monday, June 14, 2010

Happy (Belated) Birthday To Me!

Hmm, I'm late wishing my own self a happy birthday. How weird am I?

Don't answer that.

So, the birthday weekend went off quite well, considering I "planned" the festivities at the last minute (yes, I know, a big shock). On Friday evening, I went out to an Argentinean restaurant for happy hour with some friends to enjoy wine and food together, and then on Saturday had another group of friends over to my place to enjoy (more) wine and food together. Hey, what better way to prepare for an adventure in South America, right?

Now about gifts. As most of you know who know me, I love getting presents. And I have gotten some great ones — including this year, an iPad! (Thanks to my Dad and not-so-little little brother!) Yet I have to say that in all of my 35 years, I had never received a flask for the liquor I rarely drink that includes a handy built-in compartment for the cigarettes I don't smoke.

Well, that terrible lack in my life has now been remedied.* (Thanks to my friend Sam!)

So yeah, good times all around this weekend. Wish you could have been there! I mean if you weren't. And as long as you're not some strange psycho person. Because If you are, I'm sorry, but I'm kind of glad you found something else to do instead.

Er, anyway. Moving on...

Now I'm in the process of finishing up with my packing for Argentina. Actually, wait. I think I am finished. What?! It's not even midnight! What about my usual last-minute flurry of chaos-generating panic? What about my trademark procrastination?

I must be getting soft in my old age.



*Yes, you're right. There's a story behind this one.**

**Oh, you wanted me to tell it? Dang, we're out of time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday lady!! Totally wish I had been there. I mean, the kids biting and fighting with each other, really does fulfill all my Summer fantasies, but I think a trip abroad would be tolerable.

Sigh...