Wednesday, April 20, 2005

What a Gas

So I was chatting with good buddy S4P online today, when I got one of those little pop-ups from MSN Messenger that lets me know I've received a new Hotmail message. In this case, Messenger informed me that I had received a new Hotmail message from...Gas Relief.

Now, I'm pretty sure that none of my friends are named Gas Relief, so I, with lightning-quick analytical reflexes, quickly deduced that the message was probably some sort of marketing spam. But...Gas Relief?? Are you serious?

I flipped over to my mail application and there it was in my inbox...with the subject line (and I am not kidding about this), "You're getting free GAS for 1 year!"

Wow. Do I get free Rolaids for a year too, or just the gas? I'm so relieved! (Gas Relief...relieved...get it? Haha!)

So the (heart)burning question in my mind first of all is: who was the marketing genius who came up with this one? And then: who was the marketing idiot who approved it for release? (Release...get it? Haha!)

Because I have to say, I was quite disappointed when I actually opened up the email and realized that I was not, in fact, getting free gas for a year. I was being offered the chance for free gasOLINE. BIG difference, folks. A little bit of misleading advertising there, I'd say.

Well, in the end it all sounds very tempting, but I think I'll have to pass (hehe!).

Ok, I'll stop now.

No comments: