I'm working today, which doesn't really bother me because I get time and a half, but for some reason it bugs me that our store is actually kind of busy. It is such a beautiful day out, and it almost offends me that people are spending their time in a shopping mall instead of out bbq'ing with friends, having picnics, volleyball games at the beach, and so on. that's what the fourth of july is FOR, for goodness' sake. Celebrate your freedom!!
If you are reading this and there is still daylight left outside, I say STOP reading and go do something fun! Please! And then tell me about what you did, I'd love to hear about your day.
I'll be going over to a friend's house after work. We'll bbq for dinner, then watch the fireworks while lying on blankets on her front lawn and enjoying some homemade ice cream. Mmmmmm.
I really love the fourth of July, and I especially love fireworks. I don't think they will ever bore me, no matter how old I get. At least, I hope not.
Happy July 4th!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I don't think that I have ever celebrated a Fourth of July. As to what I did today, mostly I cleaned and did laundry, but I also took a long walk in what was truly stupendous weather.
that's good enough for me, porter. :) long walks are good for the soul.
i spent my day on lake livingston in trinity texas going 55 on a seadoo doing 180's and getting thrown off of it. im sorry you had to work.. but wow i had such and awesome day....
i spent my day travelling from belfast to paris... then wandered paris for 2 hours trying to find where my friends live. but hey, i['m in paris on a nice day, does that count? ;)
i am jealous, anon! i've always wanted to ride one of those things! not so sure i've wanted to get thrown off of it, but siill they look so fun! anyway i'm happy that you had a good day.
bonjour beautiphil! well you didn't get to see any fireworks over there, i imagine, and that is certainly a pity. BUT i think the fact that you are in paris certainly counts for something! i am jealous of you too my friend. :)
Man... I like how laid back you are about that beautiphil! Like, oh, yeah... i was on a train going to paris... nice :) I once had 4th of july on a bus in germany... somehow not as poetic or nice sounding as on a train to paris though...
I spent the day, firstly, inside watching a movie, sorry Grace! But then I kicked in to 4th of July spirit and went over to b-hawk's for a pool party and bbq before heading down to the antioch marina for fireworks. And you know, it only would have been better if you'd been here gracious!!
Becca :o)
Post a Comment