Monday, July 25, 2005

Ouch

I have hurt my neck. I think I might have hurt it badly. I strained it today, but not during the brisk 3-mile walk I took early this morning. No. I hurt it as I lay down on my porch a few minutes ago to soak up some rays before it got too hot outside.

How many people actually injure themselves while they are doing nothing at all?! This is the sort of irony that pervades my life. Gah! I will laugh about it later, but right now I am in too much pain.

May have to call in sick for work, but I'll see how I feel in an hour. Maybe I just need to lie down and relax some more. Oh wait, that's what got me in this mess in the first place. Arrrgh. My biggest worry is that I will have to cancel plans to go on a backpacking trip to Yosemite next week. I can't believe this!

Ok, I'm off to find an ice pack or maybe some drugs. Ouch ouch ouch.

:(

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It always seems like injuries come from the strangest things. The worst and most bizzare for me was when I pulled a stomach muscle from a sneeze! That laid me up for a good week. Granted I had used and abused the abs rock climbing and river rafting the weekend before, but the thing that did me in was one poorly executed sneeze... bummer about the neck Grace! Hope the drugs and ice pack helped!

Anonymous said...

=-O

Poor Grace!

Anonymous said...

I've done that before! And age has nothing to do with a neck twist, because I did it when I was 22, which having an animated conversation about whether or not a certain rock band was good.

Drugs are good, ibuprofen will reduce inflammation. Either way, time is the only healer for that kind of funky injury.