Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Hot Hot Hot

It's far too hot to think clearly, or at all. All I can think about is how hot it is.

I love California, but I have to admit that the months of July and August put a great strain on an otherwise beautiful relationship.

According to my weather widget (thank you, Tiger!), it is 89 degrees Fahrenheit right now. I won't be at all surprised if we hit triple digits soon.

I don't think I would mind the heat nearly so much if it weren't for the fact that I nearly get third-degree burns every time I get in my car now. I often work the afternoon-evening shift, which means my car sits in the sun all morning, so when I get in, it is literally like climbing into a heated oven, or, alternatively, hell. Actually grasping the steering wheel or the gearshift is more than out of the question, which makes driving a little complicated, as you can imagine.

And I am sure that my convoluted, gymnastic-inspired contortions as I attempt to put on my seat belt without actually touching the metal bit or any piece of plastic would be wildly entertaining to anyone lucky enough to see the performance.

At least I have air conditioning in my car. My last car had none, and, even worse, had vinyl seats. The less said about that, the better.

So how's the weather in your neck of the woods?

4 comments:

grackyfrogg said...

well, what would you say if i said, yes you DO need to say more? see, now i'm all curious!

Philip said...

somethinng arounda nice 80 probably here... unfortunatly with my line of work i dont' get out much :(

Anonymous said...

warm...around 90. The worst part, though, is the humidity. It makes it feel like 110 and walking through a smothering sauna.
aunt b

Anonymous said...

Would you believe RAINING right now? Well, drizzling, but still so bizarre! It's still supposed to get to 100 this afternoon though...