Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Not Appropriate for Younger Viewers

Every day on my company's internal web site, they feature tips and tricks of the direct marketing trade, including a marketing term of the day. Today's term is (and I am not making this up)--"Hickey."

I would tell you what it means in marketing terms but Safari cannot find the page when I click on the link. Which is too bad, because for once I am quite eager to learn the meaning of a marketing term. Who would've thought.

(By the way, this was almost as good as what happened to my brother last week, when he was online checking the status on a flight he was taking for a business trip. Suddenly he started laughing and called out, "Oh my gosh! Check this out!!" I came into the room and looked over his shoulder to see that his confirmation code--and here I must ask any of our younger readers to close their innocent eyes--was "FHUCKU." Now really, Alaska Airlines, what sort of customer service is THAT?!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

x

Anonymous said...

Safari obviously isn't woking for me this morning either. Oh well.

I enjoyed that story as much the second time. Appropriately meshed with the "hickey" story.

Life is funny sometimes.

Anonymous said...

Okay, FHUCKU?!? That's awesome... ;)

My confirmation codes are always whirlygigs of jumbled letters and numbers that are frustratingly case sensitive and mindnumbingly long.

Nice to see the updates over here again... ;) I'd hadn't checked until today, cause it was just so sad to stop by every day and find... nothing.

Philip said...

did your bro take a screenshot to save that? absolutely halarious!

grackyfrogg said...

yup phil. he sure did. :)