Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Oh for Snow!

In the lunchroom today, leafing through the LA Times, I found a special section on the upcoming snow season, and I have just two words to say:

Bring it, baby.

Oh wait, that's three. Well, now you know why I mostly flunked math all my life.

But thankfully you don't have to be good at math to be good at snowboarding, because then I'd hate it, and I just love it.

Uh, yeah. Anyway.

The last time I went snowboarding was quite memorable--well, for me; for one of the friends I went with, it wasn't, because, well, he lost his memory. I think to this day he is not quite certain if he had a good time, though I assure him that it really was an epic day, at least up until the point where we were racing down a nice long run and he took a bad fall, knocked himself in the head, got a concussion, got amnesia, had to go to ski patrol, then ride in an ambulance to the hospital, and eventually go home still not knowing who the president of the United States was or why he was in the mountains that day in the first place.

But thankfully he did indeed recover, although I think he wishes he could have enough of a relapse to forget about his hospital bill--oops.

Ah, good times on the slopes. And no doubt there will be more to come this season, though hopefully with a little less pain and suffering. Stay tuned!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

we should TOTALLY go snowboarding one day while we are up there. i LOVE snowboarding. Almost enough to leave Texas.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and my jig dancing would be done in front of Beethoven, because he would be able to appreciate it as much as anyone seeing as how the music is only in my head anyway. Plus i'm sure it would inspire him to write some symphony; i would be immortalize in Beethoven's 12th symphony "The Stranger's Jig"

grackyfrogg said...

hey, great idea ryan! does ben snowboard too?? my brother would probably go too...i bet it would be an awesome time!

well, we shall see, but yes i like the way you think.

anyone else wanna go????

grackyfrogg said...

ha SP! guess what, i found that note in my car the other day...which tells me, of course, that i need to clean out my car WAY more often, but also it brought back fond memories of the drive home that day, and our tag-team method of answering questions that had been asked a billion times already. i remember feeling bad that i wanted to laugh, but then i realized, hey why not...in five minutes he won't remember that i laughed anyway!

so i did. :)

and expectmuch, if you are reading this...don't be mad. :) all in good fun, man! hope to see you in tahoe this winter! (kirkwood, yeah!!!!)

grackyfrogg said...

good idea. if only i could remember where i put it.

expectmuch blog said...

great story! who was it?

grackyfrogg said...

haha, expectmuch! at least...boy, i hope you ARE joking!

;)