Monday, November 14, 2005

While I'm Driving

So I have noticed a disturbing habit that I am developing as I make this horrendous commute every day; namely, the habit of talking aloud. Obviously that would not be disturbing if there were, say, another human being in the vehicle, but as there is not, it's probably a little weird.

I have also started playing the license plate game with myself, because I've spotted quite a few out-of-state plates on my commute every day. Like today, for example, I saw Connecticut (at which point I said aloud to myself, "YEEESS!! Connecticut!" See? I told you, it's disturbing!), South Carolina, Texas, Illinois, and Florida. And that was just today! I've also spied New York, Georgia, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Nevada, and North Carolina. Fun!

Other things I see on my way to/from work:

- a cemetery.

- Mulholland Drive.

- Warner Brothers Studios (across the street from the cemetery...hmmm).

- CBS studios.

- CNN building.

-a dinosaur breaking through a roof and eating a giant clock (you don't believe me, but I don't care, it's true).

- Farmer's Market at 3rd and Fairfax (which is a Historical Landmark, since 1934! Whoa! Hey now, that's old for Cali).

- Kodak Theater, near the intersection of Hollywood and Highland (where you can also walk along the famed Walk of Fame, and look at the stars on the sidewalk, with talented people's names on them, like Britney Spears and Bugs Bunny).


Well, I suppose some might call it the scenic route, especially some who might be alot more interested in The Industry (i.e., movie biz) than I am, but there's nothing along the way that I particularly care to see. Except the dinosaur, maybe. That's kind of cool.

(You still don't believe me, but it's still true!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't believe you.

grackyfrogg said...

blessed is he who has not seen, and yet has believed!

:)