Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Wine Tasting Tips(y)

So on Saturday, I went wine tasting with friends in lovely Sonoma, CA. In addition to spending too much on wine (I bought a pinot and a zin from Gundlach-Bundschu, and a very refreshing moscato from Ravenswood), I also learned a valuable lesson, which can be summarized most succinctly as follows:

Don't go wine tasting on an empty stomach.

Er, not that I'm saying I learned that by personal experience or anything. Because of course I wouldn't do anything so silly.

Ahem.

Let's talk about something else now, shall we?

Such as the weather. Getting cold, isn't it? The high today in SoCal was only 75 degrees F! Brrr. Sweater season has arrived in the Golden State...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

silly? No way... Actually I think we were sillier on the car ride home, post-wine post-dinner, than we were after the third winery. ;) What a fun day though. Good thing we had a dd or we might been forced to sleep in the vinyard!!