Monday, May 11, 2009

Domestic Matters, Etc

Tonight I tried to make cookies. I used a brownie mix I got from Trader Joe's, and added some Bailey's to it just for fun.

Sadly, they turned out terrible. Oh well.

It's rare that I display any sort of domestic tendencies, but this is the second time in less than a week that I've found myself doing some baking. So strange.

In other news, over the past weekend I felt generally better than I usually do after a chemo treatment, which was nice. However, I haven't been sleeping too well, so today I felt pretty tired, and when I went for a walk after work my legs felt fatigued, and then later I noticed my sense of taste was off, and that I wasn't really feeling like eating again, and I'm just very tired of this cycle of feeling good/feeling bad/feeling good. I am SO ready to be done with this chemo crap.

On the plus side, maybe my latest domestic endeavors are indicative that I'm becoming some sort of new and improved person as part of this whole surreal experience. Although you'd think Miss New-and-Improved wouldn't screw up a box brownie mix. But hey, give her time... she might surprise us all eventually. Including me.

4 comments:

Peter said...

I miss you cous!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure it was the mix that was terrible and nothing that you did to it. :)

Beth said...

Maybe too much Bailey's? A couple of Thanksgivings ago, my friend baked a pecan pie to which she added some Jamaican rum. Now THAT was tasty. :) Now I want to experiment with Bailey's and brownies... ;)

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...so chemo sets off the domestic gene? Interesting!
~Donna