Sitting at the local Starbucks (shame on me!) trying to get motivated to write. It's a challenge at the best of times, but even more so when the stupid A/C vent right above my head is blasting air that seems to have been imported directly from the Arctic Circle.
And before you ask, "Why don't you just move to another table" and I give you my death-stare for the implication that I wouldn't already have thought of it, let me assure you that I have thought of it, but the ones in warm zones are taken. Big surprise.
Brrrrrr.
Well, if I don't succumb to hypothermia, I will hopefully finish one of my short stories tonight. Please oh please.
In other news, I'll be attending a benefit dinner on Saturday night for the International Justice Mission, an organization that fights against the sex-slave industry. Will let you know how it goes...
In still other news, also along the worthy-cause line, some of my creative writing appears in a booklet called 30 Days of Prayer for the Voiceless. The booklet is designed to raise awareness of gender-based injustice issues and get people praying about them, and hopefully taking steps to act for change. Hope you'll check out the link and then, if you have any questions about this project, please feel free to contact me.
And last but not least, remind me to never again order a cinnamon dolce latte with sugar-free syrup. Yuck. Sometimes flavor is worth the extra calories.
That's a tip, kids. Write it down.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment