Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Letter To The Christian Right

Dear Christian Right,

How are you today? I thought I'd drop you a line, seeing as how I heard that one of your peeps brought up Guiliani's divorces as a potential problem in the presidential race of 2008. You know, being an issue of character and all. While I agree that divorce is a painful travesty, I was kind of wondering what you might think about someone who lies? A lot? Or obstructs justice? Or institutes an illegal wire-tapping program? Or enacts laws that unapologetically chip away at civil liberties? Or starts a pre-emptive war? Or whose administration seems continually plagued by scandal and incompetency in a rather alarming degree?

Just curious.

Sincerely,

grackyfrogg

4 comments:

Quesse Lómë said...

Hear hear!

Anonymous said...

Everyone's gotta have some issue to push. It makes me tired. I think it makes me more tired the more I look into this seemingly escalating battle between the Christian right and the Christian left. Got an email yesterday from a Christian left magazine calling for a debate with Dr. Dobson to determine what the Christian morality issues of today really are. And while I agree with their assertion, as well as yours, it all just sort of seems... disheartening.

grackyfrogg said...

i do agree, becca. disheartening is the perfect word...

Lindy Hop Porto said...

When gathered together into a political group people tend to forget the morals and ethics that should be the guiding principles of life: truth, honesty, love and compassion, and, lest we forget, humility.

Besides, things don't change so much through public policy as they do through grassroots movements, person to person. The Christian Right have in the White House someone they feel represents their cause and look where our country is. I think we've learned to expect little from our leaders.

That in some ways might be good seeing as we all have within us the power to change what's around us.