The other day, I called up the cowgirl.
"Hey," I said. "Want to do a half-marathon with me?"
"Sure," she said.
So we are doing the Nike Women's Half-Marathon in October. Yee-ha!
This is the same half-marathon I did a couple years ago in San Francisco, but I am hoping that I will not take the same approach to training as I did back then: an approach which consisted entirely of telling myself over and over that I really needed to start training soon—right up until the day of the event.
That didn't work so well. I ran the half-marathon in close to the same amount of time that one of my co-workers ran the Chicago full marathon. Granted, he is an experienced runner, and weighs about half of what I do. But still.
So, this year, I would like to improve my finishing time. At least a little bit.
But more than that, I just hope I don't end up eating the cowgirl's dust.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good luck on training!
Post a Comment