Friday, March 09, 2007

Time for Some More Frogg Awards

Been awhile since I've handed any of these out, so with no ado whatsoever, here are three new awards for your enjoyment. Please hold your applause until the end!

Let's start with the Frogg Award for Worst Name For A Bus Tour:

Blood & Dumplings Crime Bus Tour

One word: Yuck.

I was alerted to the existence of this tour by a co-worker. She sent me the link via IM this morning, and when I asked her how she heard of it, she said she's on a new mailing list and that's what they sent out today. That begs a lot of questions, but I'm not sure I want to ask them.

So let's move on.

The Frogg Award for Best Headline of the Day goes to this story on Yahoo!. For those of you too lazy to click on the link, it reads:

"Hole in Pyjamas Reveals Internet Plagiarism"

Now tell me that's not an article you want to read.

Finally, last but most definitely far from least, let's have a big drum roll please for the Frogg's You've-Seriously-Got-To-Be-Kidding-Me Award, which goes to Newt Gingrich! During a radio interview with conservative Christian leader Dr. James Dobson, Gingrich admitted that while he was in the middle of the Clinton impeachment process, he himself was doing a little extramarital wandering of his own.

He pointed out that he wasn't proud of it, which makes me laugh. Who would be, honestly? How many people would raise their hands and say, "I am so proud of the fact that I cheated on my wife/husband while championing the cause of family values!"? Give me a break, Newt. Of course you're not proud of it. There's nothing to be proud of.

My favorite part of the article is where Gingrich talks about how he hasn't decided whether or not to run for president. I wonder if the Christian Right will like him more than Guiliani? After all, Gingrich also has a couple divorces, uh, under his belt. But maybe the fact that he has now confessed his sins to Dr. James Dobson will absolve him of the guilt.

Well, that wraps it up for this episode of the Frogg Awards. Thanks for tuning in! I'm sure there'll be a next time, and I hope you'll be there to see it. Until then, folks, be nice, play safe, and kiss a frog for me! (Oh, and If he turns out to be a prince, please send him my way!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the 'hole in pyjamas' headline did indeed make me want to read it, and what a hilarious story!! Why in the world is that fact on a college application part of a winning strategy?!? Just bizarre. And why are college applicants so unenthused about their own history that they think they need to steal someone else's in order to be more interesting. Strange.

grackyfrogg said...

i suppose, if one were applying to major in chemistry or some other science (since it's hard to imagine how reading a lot of books or writing stories could result in a similar pyjama-burning incident!), it might show just how enthusiastic the student is about their subject.

on the other hand, it might show them to be awfully careless. bit of a risk to throw such an anecdote into the college app, if you ask me! especially, of course, when it's not true in the first place.

sad.