Friday, March 06, 2009

Bald is Beautiful, Kids...

...but it's also taking some serious getting used to nonetheless!

Anyway, as promised, here are some pics from the other night's head-shaving festivities. First, here's me soon after my cousin had gotten started with the scissors, and looking a little unsure of the whole endeavor, even while knowing it was too late to turn back:



Here I am, well on my way to a mohawk, and apparently in a much more cheerful mood (the wine must have been kicking in):



Alright, everyone, take a good look, because believe me... you won't see this ever again:



Or this:



Now here we go, getting down to the nitty-gritty:



And finally, the moment you've all been waiting for:



Ta-da! My cousin did a nice job, didn't he? Of course, I made sure to thank him... by returning the favor! He is now sporting a very excellent mohawk, courtesy somewhat of yours truly — but mostly thanks to two other friends who were much better at wielding the clippers than I was, and finished the (not very good) job that I started.

So yeah, I am slowly growing accustomed to the sight of myself with no hair. It's still kind of weird, every time I look in the mirror. But I think I'm OK with it. Besides, it's given me the chance to discover my inner hat person, which has been fun.

Alright, have to get going and at least pretend to do something productive today, but hope you enjoyed the pics. Until next time...

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bald is totally beautiful on you gorgeous!!
Glad you had a good time, you deserve it. :) Abs.

Anonymous said...

You are beautiful!
Aunt B

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, indeed!

Philip said...

the mohawk is hot! you've got to bring that back after this! :)

thanks for keeping us updated!

Beth said...

Wow, you're so beautiful even without hair! I'm so amazed at your attitude and spirit through all of this. :)

Anonymous said...

My sister is BALD! Strangely enough...it looks kinda cool! No more tricho...mania....you know what I mean, froggy. The cowgirl loves you!

Anonymous said...

oh yeah...go peter...you rock. and gracky....you really do rock the do!
cowgirl

Anonymous said...

So cool to see you smiling all the way threw it. You can sooo pull off the Mohawk look and you've brought beauty, style, and cuteness all in one to the bald look, rock on :)

Anonymous said...

Sinead oconner got nothing on you!

Anonymous said...

So the cowboy seems to think you are now eligible to get your grow card for...um...well...you know, those big stinky GREEN money plants...wouldn't that just open up a whole new door of possibilities? I can see it now....

cowgirl

Anonymous said...

oh yeah, and if you decide to do that, I got the connections to get you a dreadlock wig....he he he

cowgirl

Unknown said...

You do indeed look amazing. I vote for the mohawk because few people in this world can pull off that look, and you do indeed!

Now, can we see pictures of all your new, gorgeous hats?

Anonymous said...

Beautifully aerodynamic!

Bonnie Lang said...

Grace - you look amazing! Not everyone has a good-shaped head underneath their hair...you lucked out. ;) Thank you for sharing your thoughts as you process this time...great to reconnect with you again! Love the pictures too - what a way to chronicle your time as you've accepted what's happened - and now you're all the way bald and full blown in the thick of things! God is with you full-blast too. We love you Grace! Keep rockin' the bald head...

-bonnie and mikey :)

Shunshine Girl said...

You do have a nice shaped head! Looks good! I think you'll bring back the bald look for women, like Demi Moore did back in the day. :o)

MaryBeth said...

I found your website through Abbie and I must say I love the new do! My then five year old son had chemo a few years ago and the one thing he looked forword to more than anything was a bald head...gotta love it.

You look awesome!

Anonymous said...

See? Everyone loves it! At least you know now that if sometime down the road you get frustrated with your hair and want to shave it all off...you can rock the look.
Not many people can pull it off.
Did you buy sunblock yet?
~Donna H.

Joci said...

Ye-ah! I love it! I think you totally own that look :)

Jennifer said...

Grace! Long time no chat! Wanted you to know that I miss you and am sending you good thoughts all the time! Your old Walking the Rose Bowl friend - Jennifer

Unknown said...

Are you just adorable or what??? It takes TRUE beauty to look gorgeous bald . . . and then to smile as you sport the look! What an inspiration you are, sweet Grace! We found your blog via E-rock and Shannon. They sent us their video and we just HAD to follow up. So glad we did! Our prayers are with you ~ hope you can tell!
Love you much! Paul & Mary Jane