The headline pretty much says it all, really.
I'd always thought of myself as this stoic type, able to bear great suffering and adversity with an angelic smile and nary a word of complaint. It turns out that that idea of myself is so far removed from the real me, she might as well be on Mars. Probably is, in fact.
Don't get me wrong. I know that chemo used to be much, much worse. Nowadays, they have anti-nausea drugs that keep you from feeling some of the worst effects of this not-fun treatment. But still. I'm a baby, and I hate feeling even remotely sick. So I haven't been very pleasant to be around the past couple of days. I'm grouchy and pathetic. And I don't care.
Today I feel better though. Good enough to have a nip of brandy, anyway. Er, I mean, water. Or something.
Ahem.
In other news... oh wait, there IS no other news! That's because my whole life has apparently become about cancer lately! How wonderful. How excessively interesting for all of you, my dear readers. I'm sure you can't imagine anything more entrancing than yet another post about me and my cancer!
Hmm, it would appear that my grouchiness has not, in fact, let up quite yet. I obviously need more brandy. I mean, water. Until next time, when I am hopefully in a better mood...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
If anyone has an excuse to be grouchy--I believe it is you, Grace. And the way I see it, you are dealing with suffering in an amazing way and with a great sense of humor! Don't be so hard on yourself. Love you, cuz and I'm praying for you!
-Donna
Sorry you're feeling so blech. I was going to send you a movie on iTunes for a laugh, but they don't allow cross-Atlantic purchases (curse those Hollywood moguls!). So if you haven't seen Hot Fuzz or Tropic Thunder or Walk Hard or Talladega Nights, get the nearest living being to rent you one, because they're funny and don't require any sort of mental activity whatsoever. That goes double if you've had a couple shots of water.
Take care!!
Yeah--I think a viewing of Hot Fuzz will do you good.
I am glad that they've improved chemo meds, but it still seems like they could do much better. I hope that you can get through the chemo as quickly as possible.
Thinking of you ...
Enjoy the H2O. ;)
Post a Comment